Moving items in the backlog hangs Jira

Stefano Berretta May 26, 2023

Hi everyone

since this morning, Jira has been hanging when I move an item up or down in the backlog to keep it ordered.

It jusk blocks the moment I drop the item in the position I want. The page freezes and remains like that. Sometimes, after several minutes it start working again. Most of the time you have to reload the page, but unfortunately the item is not moved.

Any suggestion?

I use Firefox, but I also tried with Chrome with the same result

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stefano Berretta May 29, 2023

Hello everyone.
the problem's gone away. Today I can move items in backlog smoothly as usual.

I can't tell why. I didn't anything

1 vote
Tim Dieperink May 26, 2023

Experiencing the same since this morning on Chrome and Safari..

Kyle May 26, 2023

I'm experience the same in Chrome and Safari. 

Like Mateusz likes this
Kyle May 26, 2023

It appears that the keyboard shortcuts work fine. I found that if you begin dragging and then click spacebar when the issue is in the correct position, the issue is moved. 

Like Mateusz likes this
0 votes
Mateusz May 27, 2023

I have the same issue.

0 votes
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 26, 2023

Hi @Stefano Berretta welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Do you have Jira Software application access (member of the product access group) as well as the Edit Issues permission for ranking?

Are you on a company-managed or a team-managed project?

Hi Dave,

I'm on a team-managed project. I am administrator of the project and I have a free plan, so I don't think permission and access control can be applied.

Thanks

Like Mateusz likes this
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 26, 2023

I am unable to reproduce the issue. I created a Team-Managed Scrum Project and added 3 Stories to the backlog. I am able to rank the issues within the backlog.

Thanks Dave,

Just yesterday it worked fine.... I don't know. I hope this issue will go away as it arrived... ;)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events