Moving from scrum project to kanban

Yael Dvorin March 2, 2021

Hey,

I saw here a few answers about this topic, that you just have to change the board's settings, but when i create a new project, i have the option to choose whether I want it to be Scrum or Kanban, while each one makes the project's look and setting be different..

How can I still move all the tasks/epics already in my scrum project to be kanban?

Or even move it to a new Kanban project?

Thanks in advanced :)

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 2, 2021

Hi Yael, with boards you don't move issues from one board to another. Boards are more or less just a visualization of a query. So the issues don't belong to a board. If you want, you can simply create a Kanban board in addition to your scrum board. You can use the same filter that defines your Scrum board for this purpose if you are happy with what is displayed.

Click in the search box, at the bottom select Boards and on that page select create board.

Hey Jack, thanks for your answer :)

I have to understand, what benefit does a scrum project or a kanban project has? 

If my project is defined to be Scrum, and I choose kanban settings for my boards, what does it really mean?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 2, 2021

well your project isn't really defined to be Scrum or Kanban. When you create a project you decide if you want a scrum board or a kanban board. However, you are not relegated to that. In Jira Classic SW project you can have multiple boards. Often times folks will have multiple boards to allow the various people in the team work they way that suits them best. For example, I might have a SW Dev team working on a Scrum board and the project managers working in a Kanban board or the QA working in Kanban.

Like # people like this

Thanks a lot! :)

Like John Funk likes this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 2, 2021

anytime...glad to assist

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events