Moving Issues Between Projects

Marie Burgess December 1, 2022

Problem:  I have a custom field added to an Issue Type (Bug) in a Jira Project on it's own Screen and Screen Scheme.  When I move this to the same Issue Type (Bug) in another Jira Project with a different Screen and Screen Scheme that doesn't include this custom field I was hoping to be prompted to map this required custom field in the source project to a another field in the target project.  Both projects are using the same fields and field configurations.  I'd like to avoid adding this custom field to the target project if possible.  And the move action does seem to evaluate the fields for the issue type in both projects.

Thanks in advance,

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2022

Hello @Marie Burgess 

The Move process does not provide you with a list of all the fields in the Source issue/project to enable you to map their values to alternate fields in the destination issue/project.

Note, though, that if the field exists in the Field Configuration then the data will not be lost. You can still see that data if you execute an issue search and add the field to the List view Columns for the search output.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events