Moving Epics from one project to other

dayanidhi_naidu January 12, 2020

Hello There

I am new to Jira and want to know how to move the epics assigned in one project to some other project. Thanks in advance.

-Dayanidhi

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2020

Use "move" from the tools menu in the issue view.

Hitesh.Kumar May 12, 2022

After I moved Epics are not visible in Epic view, but is shown if I can see when I enter URL. is that expected?

0 votes
Deleted user March 2, 2021

I am the admin using Classic Software Projects but I dont see the option to move epics between projects.
Its not available. I've tried on epics that have no link to other epic or even ones with no tasks in them at all. There is no option for me.
Is it a setup problem that caused this?

0 votes
Beatport Admin March 9, 2020

When I move the Epics it is asking me to fill in the Epic name.. but i am moving 4 at a time?

What should i put in this field as it is required?? I definitely want to retain all 4 epic names.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 9, 2020

Epic names should remain unchanged.

dayanidhi_naidu April 2, 2020

Try Bulk operations. Should work hopefully 

0 votes
Lenin Raj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 12, 2020

EPIC type should behave the same way when you "move" issues between projects.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 12, 2020

You simply use the Move operation. However, moving an epic does not move the underlying issues so they must be moved separately. The move operation is found under the ellipses when viewing the issue detail view.

Suggest an answer