Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Move a board or issues from one company to another?

Hi.

I am new to Jira so not very comfortable in it's setup/options.

I have just inherited a project from another company.

I would like to get the issues from a team managed board owned by them onto a team managed board owned by me.

Can I:

1. move the entire board from their ownership to mine?

2. move the tickets in bulk?

Any advice would be welcome.

2 answers

Hello @Tony McKenzie 

To be clear, is this project in a different Jira instance?

@Trudy Claspill 

Hi Trudy

Thanks for responding.

Yes, the project is in a different Jira instance.

The company that currently own the Jira project will, soon, stop working on it and we need to get the tickets into our own instance of Jira.

I hope that I don't have to recreate each of the many tickets manually. There are a number of tickets with historic info/comms which would be lost.

Is the source site also Jira Cloud? If so, per the following article, moving individual projects directly from one Jira Cloud site to another is not specifically supported.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/merge-multiple-instances-of-jira-cloud-779160767.html

But it does outline available work arounds.

I also just saw this post where another community member said they recently moved a Jira project from one Cloud instance to another. Maybe if you reach out to that person they can tell you the details of what they did.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/After-transitioning-a-project-from-one-cloud-instance-to-another/qaq-p/1740221

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

🏊‍♀️ Atlympic Event: Trello

Hello Community!  Quick disclaimer: We are running a contest on Community (The Atlympics!) from July 23rd - August 8th of 2021. If you are interested in participating in this contest (prizes! ...

35 views 0 4
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you