Monthly Management Report in Excel for the Activities

NAGARAJ KAILA July 14, 2021

I would like to generate the custom monthly report and export to excel for management reporting.  Can be saved as a template for future use.  Typically, I would like to have the following:

JIRA#,

Project Name, --> Currently, this isn't available in the drop-down list

Status (Done, Completed, Ready For Production, Deployed)

Assignee -->  Currently, it is showing the last assignee but is there anyway to have a checkbox with all assignees for a task so that I will be able to identify who all worked on a particular task

other columns can be optional based on the requirement.

Also, generating current, previous month and specific month report from the drop-down will be helpful.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 14, 2021

Consider using this free solution- jira-cloud-for-google-sheets-official 

set up your JQL filter in Sheets and schedule to run monthly.

Thanks for providing the free solution.  It is working as expected.

Like Genevieve likes this
Rebecca McMahon January 19, 2022

Hi @Jack Brickey 

Thank you for sharing that, I've just been testing this add on for a similar purpose. They are monthly reports on the previous months' data that will go to customers but I'm finding the only way to have the data refresh monthly is on X-Day of the month (Eg, 3rd Thursday of the month), rather than something like HH:MM PM/AM on the last day of the month, for instance.

Is this something you might be able to advise on?

Thank you

1 vote
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2022

In the meanwhile, in Nov 2021, we released another app, Better Excel Exporter for Jira Cloud. It can easily create every sort of Excel spreadsheets from issues and other Jira data.

(It is a better answer to the questions than my other one.)

jira-issues-selected-fields.png

0 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 14, 2021

Is Excel a strong requirement here?

If not, you can easily solve this by creating a saved filter with your desired columns and export the result to PDF with the Better PDF Exporter app:

jira-issue-list-table-export.png

(Discl. I'm a developer working on this paid and supported app.)

I think the sample looks good but can I define specific period report?  Also, if possible, can I get a free solution from the community?

Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 25, 2021

You can define the desired period, there are multiple approaches for that. The most friendly is that the app allows running Groovy scripts as part of the export, so you can easily implement "previous month", "current month" and similar use cases.

I encourage you to contact our support for detailed instructions.

Note that in the meanwhile we released another app in the same family, called Better Excel Exporter! If Excel is still the preferred format and the built-in export capabilities are too limited, try this.

Suggest an answer