Missing sprints in my Roadmap

Thiago C May 2, 2023

My scrum project had 2 boards. I deleted 1 of them, and now I can't see some of the sprints from past weeks... Both boards were in my project for months already... Is there how to either recover the deleted board or to show the missing sprint tag in the roadmap?

1 answer

2 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 2, 2023

Hello @Thiago C 

Welcome to the Atlassian community!

Unfortunately there is no way to recover a deleted board. 

A Sprint is created within a board, but may be displayed in multiple boards. Boards display issue based on the board filter. If there is an issue within scope of the board filter (Board A) and the issue is assigned to a sprint that was created in a different board (Board B), that other board's (Board B's) sprint will show in the first board (Board A). This is because an issue can be assigned to one and only one Active or Planned sprint at a time. So, any sprint to which an issue is assigned will show up in all scrum boards where that issue is included.

In the Free product plan you would be using the Basic Roadmap functionality (unless you are using a third party app for your roadmaps).

Based on my experimentation with the Basic Roadmap functionality, the Roadmap is associated with a single board. A given Roadmap shows only the sprints that were created in the board to which the Roadmap is associated. The board may display sprints from other boards, but the Roadmap will not show those sprints. This appears to be true based on my experiments.

If you have deleted a Board, then the Roadmap for that board also is gone. Subsequently the sprints that were created in that board have no Roadmap in which they can be displayed.

Thiago C May 5, 2023

Hi Trudy, thanks for the quick revert!

I am using the basic roadmap functionality, however when both boards were active I could see all issues within the same roadmap inside either board...

Anyway, the bottom line now is whether I can re-assign past sprints to the only board I got, so the roadmap can be complete. Would you know? 

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2023

There is no way in the UI that I know about to move a sprint from one board to another.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events