Missing create Components

Winnie Wong April 18, 2024

Hi.

I have project admin role, however, Cretae Components button is missing.

I can see that this is a bug seen many time before. The bug seem to have been introduced again.

3 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 18, 2024

Hi Winnie - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You have to be a Project Administrator to create Components. Do you see a link for Project Settings at the bottom left of the screen? 

Winnie Wong April 19, 2024

@John Funk Sorry. There have been a mistake from the system admin side. It turns out I am not project admin which probably is the issue.

thank you for your help.

Like John Funk likes this
Dick April 19, 2024

Boards and Projects often get confused, no worries

Like Winnie Wong likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2024

You are very welcome.

0 votes
Winnie Wong April 18, 2024

@Trudy Claspill The type of project is Company-managed software. I created a Kanban board and selected Components in my project sidebar.

This is what I see. Based on other screenshots within the community it seem that the button should have been in the center beneath the building blocks icons.

Screenshot from 2024-04-19 07-37-44.png

link to the page where the bug has been reported before: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Create-Component-button-missing/qaq-p/2549486

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 18, 2024

Hello @Winnie Wong 

Welcome to the Atlassian community.

What type of project are you working with? You can find that information on the View All Projects page under the Projects menu.

Can you provide a screen image of what you see?

Can you provide links to the pages that indicate this is a bug that has been reported before?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events