Missing a few task in Board view

shahrulhafizi April 5, 2023

What Up Guys!

i'm using Jira Work Management  (team-managed project). 

My problem is a few of our task is missing in the board view and we have checked the filter functions but still missing.  When we change from Board view to List view, we managed to find the missing issues/task. Do you know why this is happening? why board view not tally/refresh as per list view? Please assist us to solve this issues. Our management prefer board view instead of list view. TQ!

2 answers

0 votes
Kelly Arrey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 7, 2023

A couple of things come to mind:

1. Check the Board for:
    • a Quick Filter that could be hiding the issues
    • a collapsed Swimlane that could be hiding the issues

2. Check the Board Settings page for:
    • General Tab:
      • Check the board filter
      • Check if there's a sub-filter
      • Check if there's a "Hide completed issues older than" setting
    • Columns Tab:
      • Check that the sub-tasks aren't in a status that isn't mapped to the board
      • Check that the sub-tasks aren't in a status that's mapped to the Backlog view

If none of the above help, there's always Google :-) 

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 6, 2023

Hi @shahrulhafizi and welcome to the Community!

Based on the information in your question, this is a bit of a guessing game 😅. But my best guess would be that you may have sub-tasks in your project. These display in list view, but not on the board. If that is the case, that is behaviour that you cannot configure afaik and a matter of how you define the hierarchy of your work.

If that is not the case, make sure you don't have any filters on your board. They may also be hiding certain issues that are visible in the list view (filters are specific to each view).

Hope this helps!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events