Missing Transition in Transition Track.

PRAMOD KUMAR REDDY KASIREDDY December 15, 2022

Missing ABC transition in Test-1 (Ticket)  on 01.09.2022.
In history you can find the entry but not in transitionsTransition History.pngTransition Track.png

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 18, 2022

Could you explain more about what the problem is here?  I can't see anything wrong with your screenshots of limited bits of the issue.

Jens Vogelgesang January 5, 2023

The last transition does not reflect the current status.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 5, 2023

So the issue is not Closed?

Jens Vogelgesang January 5, 2023

Another example:

grafik.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 6, 2023

Ok, that looks like a bug in the transitions display - it's reporting a transition that did not complete (as the status is still committed)

This needs to go to Atlassian for investigation - work through a support request at https://support.atlassian.com/contact (or, if you're on a free or starter licence, tell us here, because you won't be able to raise one)

Jens Vogelgesang January 6, 2023

We export Jira via REST API into relational table, and also here this entry is missing.

There is a 2nd issue which is causing a similar problem which is tracked via:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-28238

We get multiple transitions with the same timestamp. Those cannot be sorted without the knowledge about the transition sequence. I do not want to have such dependencies for all the clients using the data. This issue is from 2012 :-( and still not solved

grafik.png

Jens Vogelgesang January 10, 2023

Any news?

Jens Vogelgesang February 10, 2023

Any news ? The red marked are faulty in our system

grafik.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 10, 2023

In the list of transitions, it's not hard to work out the pattern, despite the missing milliseconds - the issues have been transitioned in pairs.  Where you see

New Status  Old Status 
 Verified Integrated
 Rejected

Verified

The issue has gone Integrated -> Verified -> Rejected.  It's the same pattern in the rest of your data.

This is actually a bit of a "smoking gun" to me.

I can replicate it on Server using Scriptrunner.  Write a post-function that transitions the current issue again at the end of the current transition.  It does exactly what you are seeing!

If you could get read-only access to your database, you could prove that with the actual numbers.  It's five reads, but you might work it differently (and I've kept the SQL in English, because people have different dialects and preferences in the way they form their queries)

• Read project for the project-id for NCG3D
  • Read jiraissue for the issue's id (project-id and 136205 are in two columns)
  • Read changegroup for the the changegroup-id using the issue-id (you'll get a list of changes, with accurate date/time stamps)
  • Read changeitem for all the lines with that changegroup-id, narrowing it down to just the status change data.  That should give you enough to find the matched pair of transitions with similar time-stamps. 
  • Note their changegroup-ids and go back to see if
    • a) There's only one changegroup - definitely someone transitioning in a workflow
    • b) There are two changegroups with near-identical times.  Almost certainly someone transitioning in a workflow
Jens Vogelgesang February 12, 2023

We have added a sequence Number to solve the problem with the millisecond.

This works fine, but still transitions are missing.

grafik.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 13, 2023

That sounds like a botch to me.

What post-functions do you have in the workflow?

Suggest an answer