Missing Stories in Advanced Roadmaps (although other Stories in same Epic are shown)

Gabriela Browarnik April 17, 2023

Hi all

I can't find some Stories in Advanced Roadmaps (AR) that are listed in the Backlog of the Board I am displaying in AR. I already checked Exclusion Rules (I set up "...completed Issues after" 999 days), I compared the Stories and they belong to the same Epic, same Team, same Sprint, same Component, same Statuses).

Any Ideas? Thank you in advance

1 answer

0 votes
Danny
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2023

Hi @Gabriela Browarnik

Couple of questions from me:

1. Is your board filter correct? 
  2. Does the board have a sub-filter applied?
  3. Are you applying a filter on the plan? 
  4. Couple you reply with screenshots to help triage?

Thanks,

Danny

Gabriela Browarnik April 18, 2023

Hi @Danny 

Thank you for answering so quickly.

Here my answers and at the end an additional comment:

1) As Issue Sources I use a Scrum Board (to have access to all Stories), and additionally two filters (to have access to the corresponding Features that contain the Stories.

2) Yes, The Board have a sub-filter applied (especially to filter per Team and Component)

3) I am testing the Plan and apply and disapply filters as I need.

4) I am sending you some images that may help

Additional comment:

Today I saw that even though a Story was belonging to the current Sprint, it was not shown in the current Sprint, but only in the former Sprint, where it actually started to be in progress. But there are other Stories in the same situation that even though they were started in a former Sprint, in the Plan appear in the current Sprint as well.

Thank you

Gabriela

Filters for AR.pngIssue Sources.png

Like Danny likes this
Danny
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 19, 2023

Thank you @Gabriela Browarnik for providing this. 

Could I see the board's filter and sub-filter? 

From your additional comments, it sounds as though there are a few stories showing in the plan. So it must be specific. 

Thanks,

Danny

Gabriela Browarnik April 21, 2023

Hi @Danny 

This is our Filter in the Unicorns Board:

project in ("Development Agile") AND Type != Epic AND component in (BPMS, SWIP, Camunda) AND "Leading Team" = Unicorns ORDER BY Rank ASC

We don't have sub-filters in the Board, only in the Advanced Roadmap source config (the ones I sent you before).

I will be on holidays the following week and back at work on the 2nd of May.

I am open to have a call, in case you consider it appropriate.

Thank you!

Gabriela

Danny
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 21, 2023

Thank you @Gabriela Browarnik

Very interesting. 

The board filter itself is very specific. Breaking it down:

• a single project (no risk)
  • Tyne is not an Epic (no risk)
  • Components; BPMS, SWIP, Camunda, have to be against an issue type. (there is a risk that this could cause some Stories being missed that could be linked to Epics)
  • Leading Team field (I assume this is a custom field?), has to be Unicorns (There is a risk a Story is not assigned this value. 

So a Story has meet all 4 points of criteria to be listed on your board. How many stories are currently on your board? 

On a separate note, the issue filters are very specific, i.e. Leading Team needs the Unicorn value, and the custom fields need a certain value aswell. 

I think a call would be good, sometimes it is great see how the plan is set up. Are you happy to set up a calendar invite? I can do now if you prefer. 

Thanks,

Danny 

Suggest an answer