Missing Issues

Liam Maeder October 8, 2018

I am using jira-cloud and have been asked to help find some issues, but when we search for all the issues.

There are missing cards e.g. on our one board we cant find the cards from LW-1 to LW-63 and the same for another board, is there any way that JIRA might have automatically deleted them? As our company does not permit the deletion of any cards or boards/projects yet some of these cards are missing...

Please any help would be greatly appreciated

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 8, 2018

You'd have to work hard as an admin to set up Jira to delete issues without human intervention.

However, you say "board".  You don't "delete" issues from a board - a board is a view of a set of issues, not a container.  I suspect what you mean is that the board is no longer showing them.  That would be caused simply by the issues no longer matching the selection being done by the board.

You can check if an issue is deleted by looking for it directly.  Put LW-1 into a search or go to the issue view directly with <your cloud url>/browse/LW-1

If that does not take you to the issue, then the other things to check are that your user has access to see the LW project, and that the project has an issue security scheme that does not hide the issue from you.

Ok thanks i will check but I should apologize as I meant to say project, not board. But even the team members that have the permissions to access the issues on the board and move them etc, they too cannot find the missing issues and they have full rights and permission save the admin rights.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 8, 2018

Ok, then they have been deleted.

This should show in the admin audit log, along with who deleted them and when.

Liam Maeder October 11, 2018

It would seem that they have definitely deleted it... Thanks for the help.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 8, 2018

Hi @Liam Maeder

Check the Filter that you have been configured/created for that specific one board because Jira will not delete anything automatically unless until you perform this delete action.

I have been using a blank filter but saying where key = LW-(which ever card number im looking for).

This would always work when i searched for the other issues in our JIRA.

Also there is no Issue security set for the project at the moment

Suggest an answer