Migration of JIRA 6.4 Server version to JIRA Cloud

Vishal Lavti December 25, 2018

Dear User, 

I would like to migrate from JIRA 6.4 server version to JIRA cloud. As part of the check-list, it is recommended that I upgrade JIRA 6.4 server version to JIRA 7.0+ version.

Can anyone tell me if it is absolutely neccessary? Can I not export data from JIRA 6.4 to JIRA cloud?

2 answers

0 votes
Sid
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 25, 2018

@Vishal Lavti,

Before migrating to cloud - your on server version should match the cloud version

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/migrating-from-jira-server-to-jira-cloud-779160826.html

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 25, 2018

Absolutely - the data from 6.4 can't be imported into Cloud at all.  Last time I did a migration 7.11 to Cloud failed as well - you really should upgrade your 6.4 to 7.13.

Vishal Lavti December 25, 2018

Thanks much!! 

The other way is to import the data using csv file?  In that case,  I would loose attachment, audit and history...

Like Rohit travels _ tours likes this

Suggest an answer