Migration jira software to jira core

Emilio Vicente Herrán January 18, 2018

Hello 

We are using jira software for day to day management, but as a Project Manager I need a tool like Jira Core. How can I import the projects of Jira software, in all their tasks, to Jira Core?

ty so much

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 18, 2018

Hi Emilio,

You can change the project type in the details section of the Project Administration:

Screen Shot 2018-01-18 at 2.06.02 PM.png

Please Note: At this time any Project Administrator can make this change so please also vote on the Suggestion Implement "Change Project Type" global permission to add impact.

Cheers,

Branden

Emilio Vicente Herrán January 21, 2018

Hello

Ok, but there I think that I am changing the project type, but  I am do it for all the team of only for me?  That I want is that the team can keep a Jira software project for day to day management and a Jira business project for me.

Thank you so much

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2018

A project type is a project configuration, not user.  A project is only of one type.

There's nothing to stop you having different projects of different types for different reasons.

Emilio Vicente Herrán January 24, 2018

Hello Nick 

Sorry, I am from Spain and maybe the language is being a barrier. I have some doubts

1.  As I have said, the scrum master is working with Jira software projects.  If I change them to business type ones, would they change only their view mode or it would have any impact in Jira (could they change all the work that they have done). 

2.  As a project manager, on Jira Core I want to see all diferent tasks that the team is doing in all the project where they are working. So I will be able to manage their time, their workload....

To sumup. I dont know if is posible to use  Jira Core as freedcamp and, on the other hand, if i change the project type to business one it only would change the view.

Thank you so much for your time

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2018

1) Changing the project type will not change any data, or their access to it.

2) Yes, you can do that already, the project type is irrelevant

Changing the type will change parts of the view.  It won't change any data other than the project type.

Emilio Vicente Herrán January 25, 2018

Thank you so much

Suggest an answer