Migrating team managed project to company managed project

Madhankumar K June 30, 2022

I am trying to Migrate Team managed project to Company managed project. I have followed this procedure - https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/migrate-between-team-managed-and-company-managed-projects/ and created a new company managed project. But while migrating the issues, I am not able to see the new project(company managed) in the list to move the issues. Could someone please help here.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 30, 2022

Hi @Madhankumar K,

You have probably not granted yourself the appropriate permissions to the new project.  Since you plan to migrate issues, it will probably be best to add yourself to the administrator role of the new project before doing the migration.

Also, after migrating the issues to the new project, also make sure you grant the users from the team managed project the necessary permissions in the new project.

Hope this helps!

Madhankumar K July 5, 2022

Thank you @Walter Buggenhout .

I have another issue, we created a team managed project and added a custom filed for people picker, If I try adding the people its working but if someone without admin access try to add user for that custom field, its not showing any options. Could you please help me out with this.

As per my understanding, there should be some permission issues. But I am not able figure that. your help on this would be really appreciated.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events