Migrating project from project from cloud sandbox to cloud production

Michael Horsley April 7, 2023

Hey Community, 

I want to create a Jira project board completely on Sandbox and then copy it to production once I have signed off from stakeholders.   Is there a way to do that?  Are there limitations team based vs company based? Any help would be great. 

4 answers

1 accepted

6 votes
Answer accepted
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2023

Hi @Michael Horsley and welcome to the Community!

You cannot do that with Jira OOTB. You'll need a 3rd Party App like Configuration Manager for Jira or Exalate maybe. Check the Marketplace for more options.

HTH,
KGM

0 votes
Danno
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 21, 2023

@Michael Horsley you can do this within your instance by reading up on this first: Cloud-to-cloud migration 

I also recommend you look at Deep Clone as suggested by @Luka Hummel - codefortynine

This is a very useful tool for the cost. One of the first and only add-ins I've picked up over time. It doesn't require any coding or scripting skills if you are limited there.

0 votes
Luka Hummel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 2, 2023

Hi @Michael Horsley and a late welcome to the community!

I'm Luka from codefortynine and if you are still trying to migrate issues between a sandbox instance and the production instance and are willing to consider a third-party app our Deep Clone for Jira can clone between Jira Cloud instances including a sandbox instance and its production instance. 

Screenshot%202021-03-31%20at%2011.17.22

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 9, 2023

Hi @Michael Horsley  and welcome,

unfortunately you can't do that using builtin features. 

There is an open request for that https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-72570

In the meantime you can try the approach proposed by @Kristján Geir Mathiesen 

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events