Migrate to Cloud - "We couldn't check some..." error every single time

Yazan Al-Sheikhly March 19, 2023

Moving from Jira Server to Jira Cloud and like the majority of users out there, I'm facing: 

"We couldn't check some of your migration for errors. You can run your migration but it may fail."

I follow the troubleshooting recommendation of creating another migration but I run into the same issue.

I tried not selecting the Cloud Site from the dropdown but rather clicking Cloud Site and going through those steps, and still nothing.

I've tried an incognito browser as well, nothing.

At this point I may as well migrate to Asana or Monday.com, unless anybody can help me figure out why this won't work?

Any help is very much appreciated!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Yazan Al-Sheikhly March 22, 2023

So on top of the two skips I added under the dark features, I played around with the export settings and managed to get it to work. I used the following Jira User settings to get it to work (might be because we had Crowd for our users):

• All users and groups from the Jira directory
  • Migrate users and groups separately
0 votes

So I did get one migration to complete successfully. At least it shows it was completed successfully, but in reality nothing was migrated.

AG
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 19, 2023

@Yazan Al-Sheikhly

Have you checked for any migration issues in post migration logs even though it shows as completed successfully? You may also want to verify if all are migrated or not through Jira Admin settings. It is possible that you are unable to view certain projects or issues due to permission issues, Therefore, it is recommended to ensure that all permission errors have been resolved.

Thanks

I'm the administrator on both ends. Would that still be the case? Where do I view the logs?

AG
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 21, 2023

Hi Yazan, 

Click on Migration dashboard.image.png

Go to logs as shown below.

image.png

Yazan Al-Sheikhly March 21, 2023

No errors:atlassian migration logs.PNG

AG
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 22, 2023

Download both the logs and review them. For sure you will find something.

Yazan Al-Sheikhly March 22, 2023

No issues:

atlassian migration download.PNG

I've enabled the FF to skip the checks and now it's giving me an error for "We couldn’t check for Jira Software availability in cloud". I've confirmed I'm only migrating Jira Software projects and Jira Software is enabled in the cloud.

atlassian migration could not find jira cloud.PNG

Suggest an answer