Migrate selected users to other directory

Monika Danielsson December 13, 2022

Hi,

I'm moving from internal directory to internal-with-LDAP-auth for Jira users, and want to migrate existing users. However,  I don't want to migrate all users; not the ones with no jira access, not the inactive ones, and there are a number of specific users that should remain in internal directory too.   Is this possible? 

The "migrate users from one directory to another" function copies all users (and in some cases deletes the old), but I can't do the selection I want. Is there any way to migrate just a selection of users, or to migrate everything except a selection of users?

If possible, it'd also be nice to keep the history of the user, that is, not create new ones, too. Even if Jira uses user name, not id, everywhere, it'd be nice to keep track of when the user really was created, etc, but that's just a "nice ro have". 

If necessary, I can do updates directly in the database, but there's quite some potential of things going wrong, so this is a last resort.  (As far as I can see, I would need to duplicate relevant cwd_group entries, keeping track of max id used, then update cwd_user, cwd_user_attribute and cwd_membership, and I might have missed something along the road.) 

0 answers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events