Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Migrate Sprint Reports and associated issues from one project to a new project

Hi there, I have completed 15 sprints in my current JIRA project and therefore have 15 sprints reports with the associated issues within each sprint outlined.  

I would like to migrate these sprint reports with the associated issues from my current JIRA project to a new JIRA Project. I cannot find anything online that says that this capability is offered. 

1 answer

Hello @Arjunan Ranjit 

Sprints are associated to agile boards, not to projects.

If you change the filter associated with the board, that will affect the history of all the sprints associated with that board.

So, in theory, if you use the Move Issue feature to move the issues to another project, and then update the board filter to reference that new project, your sprint history information should remain intact, remain associated to the same board, and reflect the issues as they have moved to the new project.

Does the destination project have the same issues Statuses and workflow as the source project?

Hi @Trudy Claspill , 

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. First things, the destination project has the same issue status and workflow as the source project. So I did the following as you mentioned (using test features) except for 'update the board filter to reference the new project' - not sure what you mean by this. However the completed sprints were not visible on the destination project when within Sprint Reports. 

(1)  Within my completed sprint report and click on View in Issue Navigator. Picture1.png

(2) Bulk Change > Move Issues to target project 

Picture3.png

(3) Within Destination Project --> No Sprint Report 

Picture4.png

However issues have successfully been moved moved, as can be seen through the Done Filter within the Issues Section. 

Arj

Are you working with Team Managed (next gen) or Company Managed (classic) projects as the source and destination?

When working with Company Managed projects, the agile boards are based on Filters, specifying what issues are to be included in the board. And the Sprints are associated to boards. The board filters can be created to cover multiple projects, so boards and sprints don't belong to a specific project in that case.

If you are working the Team Managed projects, then the board and sprints are associated to a project, and my suggestion will not work.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket Pipelines

Bitbucket Pipelines Runners is now in open beta

We are excited to announce the open beta program for self-hosted runners. Bitbucket Pipelines Runners is available to everyone. Please try it and let us know your feedback. If you have any issue...

177 views 2 2
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you