Microsoft Teams: JIRA Cloud App (Issue Result Columns)

Christopher Balogh May 1, 2019

For the JIRA Cloud app, you can create a tab within any Team channel that can display a list of issues based on a pre-defined filter created in JIRA.

Right now, the fields that display appear to be based on a basic stock set (see attached). Are we able to customize what fields display, and if not, is this feature planned?

I would love to have our custom "Status Notes" field display here. 

Thank you in advance!

5 answers

0 votes
dayne_sabo February 22, 2023

Well I wish this could be different. It feels like it essentially makes this tab useless if I am stuck only using the pre-defined columns. It's more useful at this point to add a tab of an excel sheet that has Jira Cloud connection as I can pull my intended columns for reporting but then I lose the functionality of clicking into issues. Seems like a silly limitation to me. 

0 votes
Joaquin_Ballesteros April 20, 2022

ANy news about this topic from Atlassian. It would make a difference to be able to customize the colums that are shown in Teams Tab.

0 votes
Steve Wright January 12, 2021

Is there any movement on this issue?

Steve Wright January 12, 2021

I cant delete the text I entered as an answer by mistake. Thats convenient.

Josh_Morris November 23, 2021

I'm wondering if this is in progress. I built a custom JQL on our project, changed the default columns that appear, but in Teams the default columns show up, not anything that was customized. 

Is there any way to view the labels overall on a Teams channel without having to drill down to open each issue?

Paweł Rozkoszny December 16, 2021

Hello. Any changes according to that issue? I face the same problem.

0 votes
SoftServe Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 27, 2020

Hi,

Please let us know if the issue persists. If yes please contact our support team by going to the following link https://www.softserveinc.com/en-us/msteams-atlassian-privacy-policy and filling in the form provided there, so we could resolve the issue for you and prevent anyone else from encountering the same problem.

Best regards,
SoftServe Support Team

Peter Fjelsten August 17, 2020

Where do we cont you? I have a hard time finding a support request form.

0 votes
Ramneet Kohli May 15, 2019

I have the same question, please let me  know if you find any solution.

Justin Anderson December 18, 2019

Same here, anyone found a workaround to this yet?

Tracy Gryka January 22, 2020

Same question here as well

Jeff Teters April 17, 2020

This integration in Teams is great but without the ability to show the columns that are setup in JIRA for that filter it is less than helpful.

Like # people like this
Dave March 21, 2022

Agreed! This is still an issue! there are too many stock columns and I can barely read the Subject (Summary) field, as it fits only ~23-25 characters.. I can click 'popout tab' or 'go to website', but it defeats the purpose of the tab!!!

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer