Max Column Showing More Than Allowed Count

SuperGreen January 5, 2022

Hi I have a Kanban board and I have entered for the Done column Max 10 for the max tickets allowed; however it showing more than 10 tickets. 

How can I stop this from happening?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2022

Hi @SuperGreen -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Are you using a company-managed project?  And if so, do you mean you set the Maximum Constraint (in Board Settings >> Columns) to 10 items?

If so, the constraint values are for min/max WIP limit visibility and do not limit the number of items in a column.

If you wish to limit the number of items in the done column for a Kanban board you may adjust one or both of these under Board Settings >> General

• Hide completed issues older than
  • Kanban board sub-filter.  This one applies an additional filter for what is shown on the board.  It does not impact the reporting, which is managed by the primary board filter.

Kind regards,
Bill

SuperGreen January 19, 2022

Hi Bill, 

Thank you for your answer and help.  It is a Company Managed version and I did as you mentioned and limited the time/duration a completed ticket can stay on the board (1 week).  This works great!

Like Bill Sheboy likes this
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2022

I am glad to learn that helped you.  Please consider marking this question as answered; that will help others in the community find solutions faster when they have similar questions.  Thanks!

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 12, 2022

@SuperGreen  - I am marking this as complete unless you say otherwise. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events