Mass Copy Jira Task URL's

RFL May 18, 2023

I'm working on copying multiple jira tickets into a confluence page and wondering if there's a way to copy multiple hyperlinks at once rather than having to copy and paste them all individually.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

1 answer

1 vote
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2023

Hello @RFL 

Is there a reason you are copying the hyperlinks vs. using a Jira macro and filter to list the Jira issues in the Confluence page?

RFL May 18, 2023

No! That sounds like a great solution, would you mind expanding a bit more on how I would do that?

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2023

This assumes that your Jira and Confluence apps have reciprocal Application Links to each other.

In the Confluence page in Edit mode access the functionality for adding a macro. Select the Jira macro.

Screen Shot 2023-05-18 at 2.41.11 PM.png

Then you can enter a filter to select the issues.

Screen Shot 2023-05-18 at 2.42.30 PM.png

Click the search button next to the filter field to get a preview of the results. You will then also get a section called Display options that will let you configure how you want the results presented.

Screen Shot 2023-05-18 at 2.43.21 PM.png

RFL May 18, 2023

This is great, thank you so much! Is there a way to use this method with a template in JIRA, e.g. Place all the links that you want where you want them in a confluence board and then update them with a new epic? (E.G. If I have a template in JIRA and create an epic from it, a way to link the template and epic to the confluence board so it automatically updates with the new links?)

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 18, 2023

I'm not sure I understand your question.

When the Confluence page is refreshed it will re-execute the filter you added to the macro and get a fresh set of data to display. If you want additional issues included in the results, create them in Jira so that they match the specifications of the filter you put into the macro.

Like Kelly Arrey likes this
RFL May 18, 2023

Okay, that makes sense, thank you so much. I'm looking into this but I'm running into a strange issue - in the macro I can't see all of the tasks within the epic. It seems to cut them off, I'm using the exact same filter/JQL as usual and I'm not able to see all the tasks in order to place them within confluence, any ideas?

Confluence Jira Macro.png

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 18, 2023

In the preview it will not necessarily show you all the results. All of the results should be displayed when viewing the Confluence page.

Like Kelly Arrey likes this

Suggest an answer