Mapping fields with SFDC via Associations

Mantas Gudziunas April 19, 2023

We have a connection of SFDC and Jira via Mulesoft and once we try to map fields in Jira, by using a button called "Associations" I cannot seem to find all case fields that are in SFDC. Specifically, I wanted to map SFDC account name field of the case with Customers field in Jira (Found under Jira case view --> Customer info). I have checked with our Jira admins but we couldn't find a specific SFDC field to map Jira Customers field. The only field which we find is Account ID, but it doesn't bring any recordsACC.pngJira Customers.png

Could you advise?

1 answer

0 votes
Chun Wye Ng -ServiceRocket- April 19, 2023

Hi Mantas,

Good day to you.
This is Danny from ServiceRocket, and I noticed you are using our Connector for Salesforce & Jira app.

Regarding your question, it is possible to sync the SFDC Account Name to a Jira string field using a workaround.

If a Salesforce Account Field is mapped, this will indeed show as the Account ID, as its value is stored as an ID instead of the name.

To sync the Account Name, a Salesforce Formula field can be created to reference the Account Name from your Case Record. This Salesforce Formula field can then be mapped to your Jira string field (i.e. Customer <-- Account Name Formula field)

Please refer here for a full documentation guide.

Hope this helps!
If you have any further questions regarding your our product, feel free to reach out to us via our Support Portal or Drift chat

Thanks & Best Regards,
Danny
ServiceRocket Apps Support

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events