Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Mandatory field for a specific status in the workflow

When a ticket is moved from "To Do" to "In Progress" or "Backlog" to "In Progress", uses the same transition ( "Go to In Progress"). In the above workflow, I have a specific requirement of making a certain field mandatory in each transition. But the fields are different in each case.

Hence how to make two different fields required in the same transition used in two different places. 

From status                     To Status                      Transition                 Field required

To Do                              In Progress                  Go to In Progress      Capex ID

Backlog                           In Progress                  Go to In Progress      Compliance ID

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk Community Leader Apr 23, 2021

Hi Pragyna - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You would need to use two different transitions. Is there a problem with that? 

Hi John ,

Thanks for responding. 

Actually I gave an example of two,but the requirement is of 7-8 scenarios where i have used only 1 transition. Now if i change it to separate transitions,  then it will be more confusing.Is there any other way feasible ?

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk Community Leader Apr 23, 2021

JMWE or ScriptRunner add-ons probably have the ability to do Conditional transitions. 

Hi @pragyna dash ,

using our JMWE app, you could add one Fields Required Validator per source status, and configure each validator using the following approach (taking "To Do" as the example source status):

• Required Fields: Capex ID
  • Conditional execution:
issue.get("status").name == "To Do" 

Cheers,

David

Hi @pragyna dash ,

If your goal is to use a single (reused) transition, you'll probably need an additional workflow app from the Atlassian Marketplace

For Jira Workflow Toolbox being one among those, you could use a logical validator with an expression like

(%{issue.status} = "To Do" AND %{issue.cf12345} != null) OR (%{issue.status} = "Backlog" AND %{issue.cf67890} != null)

where 12345 has to be replaced with the id of your 'Capex ID' field and 67890 with the id of your 'Compliance ID' field.

Cheers
Thorsten

Disclaimer: I'm part of the team behind the aforementioned app.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

Staying organized with Jira: best practices for a better project management

Project managers know this problem: A “mountain of work” lays in front of you, and you don’t know how and where to tackle them. Different to-dos lie ahead, but just one task after the other can be ha...

254 views 2 1
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you