Managing Next-gen status/workflows

Robert Lübke
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 7, 2019

Hi,

we use next gen jira project for different teams in our company.

In some teams, a task can be finished on different ways e.g. done or declined.

Is it possible to assign different columns the category "Done"? For classic boards it is possible to define the category of a status inside workflows.

Regards,

Robert

1 answer

2 votes
Gabriele Franck
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 7, 2019

Hi, @Robert Lübke 

Our next-gen board type is designed to be simpler than the classic Scrum and Kanban templates, with a single board, a basic workflow and no schemes or configurations that makes admins lost precious time. It's ready to be used.

This means that you won't be able to customize the workflows category as you do when you use the classic scrim/kanban template.

When using next-gen boards, the most-right column is the only status that an issue will be considered Done. And after 14 days, issues from this column will be archived :)

Gabi

Atlassian Team

Robert Lübke
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 7, 2019

Hello Gabi,

if we use next-gen boards. 

How can we handle cases like "Reject" or "Cancel" for tickets that were started and have to be marked finished?

Is the only way to use classic project boards?

Regards,

Robert

Like # people like this
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 19, 2019

Hi Robert,

Currently Next-Gen Projects are not designed to work with portfolio, and We don’t encourage people to use Portfolio with next-gen project types at this time as many of the features simply will not function per the current design, and classic Scrum or Kanban projects are the way to go.

As for column mappings in Next-Gen the last column of the board is your resolution or done column.  The issues in this column are flagged with a checkmark to indicate a resolution and will be removed from the column after 14 days, however only the last column is assigned a resolution and any column to the left is considered incomplete.

Regards,
Earl

Suggest an answer