Manage Sprint Permission not working for User

Christopher Nokes January 18, 2021

Hi All, this issue is driving me crazy! A user has full 'Manage Sprint' permission in Jira. Using the 'Permission Helper' I get all ticks saying this user has full permission to manage Sprint for this project. The project filter is as simple as it can be (one project order by rank, and nothing else). I have made this user a Project Admin and Project Manager (groups) both have permission to 'Manage sprints' in the scheme, he is also Project Lead (which also has that same permission) yet no matter what I do he cannot 'Complete Sprint' as he 'does not have manage sprint' permission. It makes no sense whatsoever. What on earth could be blocking this from working?

Side note, the permission helped if I use it on myself says that I have even less permission than he doesn't, yet I can complete a sprint and he cannot. What are my next steps?

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 18, 2021

Two ideas that come to my mind:

• please check if some issue was assigned to the sprint outside a possibly present Kanban/Scrum board. This could have happened directly in the issue assigning a sprint (a JQL query for the sprint itself should clear that out in no time)
  • please check if there is another user with the very same name present. There were cases like this in the recent past here in Community (a second user for test purposes or so)
0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 18, 2021

Is the individual in good working order otherwise? Can he be assigned issues? Can he reorder issue in backlog?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events