Make testing phase mandatory before putting ticket in "Done"

sanda March 21, 2023

Hello!

I have a following question: currently my board contains columns like "To do", "In progress", "Testing", "Done". I would like to make testing phase mandatory, which means no one can put ticket directly in done, firstly it need to get to "Testing".

How can I do that?

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2023

Hi Sanda - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You just need to modify your workflow to make your transitions more linear - from one step (status) the next and not use the ALL transitions. 

sanda March 21, 2023

Hello John! 

Thank you for the answer! Do I need to create this transition from "In Progress" to "Testing"?

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2023

Yes, depending on what your workflow looks like. Can you post a screenshot of your workflow diagram? 

sanda March 21, 2023

Sure, currently it looks like this:

Screenshot 2023-03-21 at 13.01.11.png

sanda March 21, 2023

Hi John, just managed to fix everything - needed to play a bit with other statuses and entire workflow as well.

Thank you for the help!

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 21, 2023

Great! Glad you got it working. 

Like sanda likes this
0 votes
Answer accepted
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 21, 2023

Hi @sanda ,

Team-managed project or Company-managed project?

sanda March 21, 2023

Hello!

It's a Company-managed project.

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 21, 2023

Delete all status can transition to 'Done', then add the transition from testing to done.

QQ截图20230321160858.jpg

sanda March 21, 2023

Hello once again Ollie, just managed to fix everything - needed to play a bit with other statuses and entire workflow as well.

Thank you for the help!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events