Make fields appear as they are filled out in screens

Tom Rufo April 10, 2023

Is there anyway to hide a field from the Issue View page until it's filled out via a field in a workflow screen? I thought I remembered in the past (older self-hosted Jira) that fields could appear as you fill them out in the workflow.

What I'm trying to avoid is having EVERY field visible on the issue page even before the fields have been prompted to be filled out during the workflow. 

I am aware of the "hide when empty" functionality, but unfortunately that only can put the fields in the Details/Context Fields section. I want the fields to appear in the main section, the Description Fields section, not the Context/Details fields section.

2 answers

0 votes
Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2023

@Tom Rufo if you have ScriptRunner, you might be able to do it with a Behavior. Check out this video for a demonstration.

0 votes
Kelly Arrey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2023

Hi @Tom Rufo

You might want to have a look at the "Hide when empty" section under Configure the issue layout.

Tom Rufo April 11, 2023

I am aware of this functionality. But I want the fields to appear in the Description Fields section, not the Context/Details fields section.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events