Make MS Teams Notifications more informative

Nicolas Kuhn
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 25, 2024

Hi yall, I've set up the channel notifications in MS Teams with the Jira Cloud app. Everythings working as expected, smooth sailing and all.

But those notifications are a bit minimalist (see attached pic), is there a native way to enrich them with more information? Especially, seeing the tickets' priority and description at a glance without having to open the ticket or click the edit button?

I already know about Automations (and other albeit paid options) and likely will resort to that, but I would like to know if there is a way to enrich these native notifications, since they are so easy to use.

Thank you!

needmoreinput.jpg

1 answer

0 votes
Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 25, 2024

Hi @Nicolas Kuhn! Welcome to the community! 

Looks like from the information in this article, you can use smart values to make the notifications more informative. Take a look and see if this helps. https://confluence.atlassian.com/automation073/integrate-microsoft-teams-1093013407.html#:~:text=Enter%20Automation%20for%20Jira%20as,Send%20Microsoft%20Teams%20Notification%20action 

Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 25, 2024

I really wish they had the preview of issue like they do in Jira. That would be an awesome feature! 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events