Make Column start a timer?

Laura Stokes March 19, 2021

Hello, what I want to do is have a "working on" column in my kanban board that starts the timer on the issue, and the timer stops when I pull the issue into a different column, so I can record exactly how much time I've spent on my project. 

I have activated the manual timer in the issues so I can add time, but I want to skip that bit out to make my workflow more efficient!

I've seen people do this before so I know it's possible i just have no clue how to do it! Help!!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Zoryana Bohutska _SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 20, 2021

Hi @Laura Stokes 

Also, you can try Time in status for Jira Cloud created by my team SaaSJet. It automatically calculates the time each issue was in each column (status). 

Regards

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 19, 2021

Hi Laura - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Typically, I have seen then done by creating two custom fields - one for the Start Date/Time and one for the End Date/Time using Date Time Picker fields. 

Then add a post function to the transition into the status to populate the Start Date/Time field with the current date and time. And do the same with the transition out of the status that populates the End Date/Time field. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events