Make 1 issue in two projects at the same time

Andrei Muravlyov March 11, 2020

Guys!

How to make 1 issue in two projects at the same time in Jira Cloud next gen project? Do anyone know some plugin, maybe?  

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andrei Muravlyov April 7, 2020

Hello, guys!

I already did my case. Available only in classic projects:

1. Via board filter i synced 2 sprints (from two different projects)
  2. Example filter: project = DESIGN OR project in (Content) AND *custom field* "Sent to project" = Design ORDER BY Rank ASC
  3. Now, when in project Content someone assigne issue and in filed "Sent to project" chose Design -- that issue will availebe in two projects (Design, Content) at the same time as well

Also, you can make some custom board filter by different parameters.

I hope it's helped someone who faced a similar problem in the future.

Cheers! 

0 votes
Alexandr March 31, 2021
0 votes
Ashkan Malekly
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 11, 2020

Hi @Andrei Muravlyov 

I don't use the cloud version. But I think they are the same. You can use project automation. In Project, A create your issue and with automation, you can say clone this issue in which another project or create an issue in another project that inherited their information from the issue that you created.

Andrei Muravlyov March 11, 2020

Hey!

Explain now:

1. Epic: Event company

2. From epic 3 issue: design, front-end, pr-company

3. And we have another project (designers, development, PR)

But it's only clone :( Not cool for our company. 

Ashkan Malekly
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 11, 2020

Please setup the "Automation for jira" plugin. And then after that i will tell you what to do. You can define if for example create an issue in project A and the issue type is task, then create another issue in project B with the same information.

Andrei Muravlyov March 12, 2020

Automation for Jira doesn't working with Jira Cloud :(

Ashkan Malekly
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 12, 2020

So as I remember Jira misc workflow plugin also can help you. Try it

Suggest an answer