Mail Handlers not working when upgrading from JIRA 4.4 to JIRA 5.0.7

Brian Albano July 2, 2012

Hi,

I recently upgraded from JIRA 4.4 to JIRA 5.0.7. Since then it seems like my mail handlers for my project queues are no longer working.

I have confirmed that all of the network connections are working from within the JIRA GUI and on the backend server hosting it.

However, in looking at the catalina.out logs I do see the following errors:
======================================================

2012-07-03 00:02:41,491 QuartzWorker-0 INFO ServiceRunner Create/Comment Service HMS [atlassian.mail.incoming.mailfetcherservice] Create/Comment Service HMS[10011]: Cannot handle message as the recipient(s) (jira@company.com) do not match the catch email jira-proj@company.com

2012-07-03 00:02:41,494 QuartzWorker-0 INFO ServiceRunner Create/Comment Service HMS [atlassian.mail.incoming.mailfetcherservice] The message has been rejected: The messages recipient(s) does not match catch mail list.

======================================================

The way I had it setup in the past is that jira@company.com is the actual email address and jira-proj@company.com was an email alias to that address. This allowed me to make alias addresses for each project and manage it through one email account. This has work up to now.

Any way I can resolve this? Not sure what I need to do.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

B

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brian Albano July 2, 2012

My issue was resolved with the help of JIRA Support:

Ivan Tse [Atlassian] updated JSP-131180:
----------------------------------------

Status: Waiting For Customer  (was: Atlassian Investigating)

Brian,

I think there are a two separate things happening here. 

First, there has been a change to the way you receive notifications when you make changes to tickets. There has been an option in JIRA where you can choose to not send notifications when you make changes. The default has always been to notify on everything you do. From JIRA 5.0.3 on the default was changes. 

* https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/JIRA+5.0.3+Release+Notes#JIRA503ReleaseNotes-Otherimprovements

Ivan Tse
Atlassian Support - San Francisco

Michael Danielsson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 5, 2012

What is the second reason?

Suggest an answer