MYSQL 5.7 and SSL

Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 4, 2019

Is there some kind of step to disable ssl or something while configuring MySQL 5.7 as db for jira ?

I had the following warning today ;

Fri Oct 04 17:07:26 UTC 2019 WARN: Establishing SSL connection without server's identity verification is not recommended. According to MySQL 5.5.45+, 5.6.26+ and 5.7.6+ requirements SSL connection must be established by default if explicit option isn't set. For compliance with existing applications not using SSL the verifyServerCertificate property is set to 'false'. You need either to explicitly disable SSL by setting useSSL=false, or set useSSL=true and provide truststore for server certificate verification.

I kept testing connection and it said my db was not setup correctly. I switched to choice 5.6 and DB setup was smooth and successful.

1 answer

0 votes
MTheDev October 4, 2019

You need either to explicitly disable SSL by setting useSSL=false

Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 5, 2019

And what is my MySQL is an RDS hosted on AWS ? :-)

Suggest an answer