Lost Access to User Management

Edson Cimionatto March 12, 2014

I used to be able to add users using my credentials. It seems that since JIRA6.2 update, I lost the rights... Now I see a button "Leave JIRA to go to User Management" on user management menu entry. Upon clicking on the button, I get redirected to a login page that asks for my credentials, after submiting the information I get a page with error code 403 forbidden.

print screens:

4 answers

1 vote
Mauro Badii
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 20, 2014

This is experienced when the administrator is not part of the site-admins group. That group is the new group that grants access to the new User Management section.

Here is the bug with more details UNIFIED-26 - lack of "site-admin" membership causes login loop when trying to access the user management

Regards,
Mauro

Alex Taler March 20, 2014

Solution worked for me

0 votes
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 12, 2014

Hi Edson,

I just now notice that you're having this problem on an OnDemand instance. It should actually be reported at https://support.atlassian.com, so that our engineers can take a look at this issue for you.

Cheers

0 votes
Edson Cimionatto March 12, 2014

Hi Tiago,

I updated the description with more info.

Thanks,

Edson

0 votes
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 12, 2014

Hi Edson, could you let us know what application you are referring? Also, can you add a screenshot of the screen you're seeing?

Cheers

Suggest an answer