Looking to filter the filters with a specific field

Michelle Grimes May 24, 2023

I'm looking to swap one custom fields for another within certain issue types and I know there are dashboards built on the original field. As I know there will be complaints that the dashboards won't work due to this change.

Is there a way to build a filter that goes through the existing filters that would have this original field captured? Only asking as I can see over 575 filters and don't want to go through them individually

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2023

Hi @Michelle Grimes - Unfortunately, this is not possible.  I was even looking at if this is possible through the API, but no luck.  These are the only parameters you can search against:

• filters owned by the user
  • filters shared with a group that the user is a member of
  • filters shared with a private project that the user has Browse projects project permission for
  • filters shared with a public project
  • filters shared with the public

There may be a couple options that would require a bit more work and/or money:

1. Export all filters via API and then do your work through a spreadsheet.  I have not tried this myself, but it appears possible
  2. Check out the marketplace
Michelle Grimes May 24, 2023

@Mark Segall - Thank you for this, I had a feeling it may not be possible but if you don't ask...
I had a quick look through the Marketplace, but have since seen that I only have a maximum of 50 dashboards and 10 backlog boards that may need the filters adjusting, so am a little less overwhelmed by the task in hand

Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2023

That's good news.  I know that trying to accommodate filters/dashboards is always a headache.  My personal approach is to simply communicate the upcoming change to all users so they can either make the change themselves or reach out to me if they need assistance.  There's always a dashboard or two that get ignored initially, but they'll quickly see the data looking off and realize it needs to be changed.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events