Looking for worklog/time report that works with LARGE number of users

Ken Wood
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 3, 2020

Management wants a report of time logged. Yes, I know there are many plugins on the market for that.

They want a single report of all time logged by about 500 users for the past 3 months.

Every plugin I tried just grinds to a halt doing that. The plugins seem to be geared to providing good, detailed, insightful reports about a TEAM (i.e. small number of people) or a project or two. Or the time scale is expected to be much smaller (this week, for example). Or both.

I need something that works at the opposite end - a good overview/summary of the work of a large number of people over an extended period of time.

Anyone have experience with a tool that would meet these requirements?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 3, 2020

We use tempo timesheets and produce very large reports.  You will need to make sure that your infrastructure can handle it.  We have had to boost the number of cores on the DB and on the application server while increasing the number of threads that application can use.  You should review the following https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/performance-and-scaling-965568705.html   Depening on your enviorment you might want to ensure that the server or VM is properly configured for optimal performance.  The great thing about the apps is you can try them for free to ensure that they meet your needs. This way you can test your configuration and environment to ensure it will work before making the purchase.

Ken Wood
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 6, 2020

Thanks.

0 votes
Shridhar April 28, 2020

Hi @Ken Wood , Have you tried the following plugin named Jira Assistant? This is a free and opensource plugin available as a browser extension which can help you to extract Worklog report from Jira. Speciality about it is you need not install it in Jira Server. You can just install it in your browser and integrate with Jira within seconds. Their are no limits in selecting the time frame or number of users.

Marketplace:  https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1221570/jassistant

More details: https://github.com/shridhar-tl/jira-assistant/blob/master/README.md#jira-assistant

Disclaimer: I am the developer of this plugin and this is not tested to see if this can handle such a large number of users and time frame. This is just tested with max 50 users with 1 month as time frame.

Ken Wood
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 3, 2020

I tried this but our external proxy for SSO interferes. Thanks for the suggestion.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events