Looking for options to automate Jira data extraction into sql server via REST API

SneekyGenie June 8, 2021

Hi,

Currently I am working on automating the process of getting Jira data into our SQL server.

Particularly I was told to use REST API to get Jira data.

For automating this ETL process, I know that Microsoft Power Automate can trigger HTTP GET Request to extract Jira data on a scheduled basis(I've tried this part and it works for other sources), and Power Automate can possibly transfer the Jira data into SQL server(I am not too sure about this part since I haven't tried). However, Power Automate is not gonna work for me because our Jira is on-prem, which means that it is an internal facing DNS name and Power Automate is external and it is not gonna be able to access it, unless I change the firewall rules, and I don't think I will be able to do it in my organisation.

So I was wondering if anybody here has experience in automating Jira data extraction in SQL server, or any automation/ETL experience in feeding Jira data into another sources etcs. I am more than happy to provide more details.

Thank you and much appreciated for any suggestions.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
SneekyGenie August 14, 2021

I created an SSIS package to trigger Rest API calls from Jira, and pull the data to SQL server DBs. Problem Solved!

Suggest an answer