Looking for help with sporadic "Red" errors when entering comments from the Board

Kelli Archer March 27, 2024

A user is getting Red Errors popping up when she adds comments in Issues within the board.  The comments do get saved after clicking out of the error but it is just not a good user experience.  The error reads "Exception: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'currentVersionId').  Any advice what to investigate to prevent the error from continuing to pop up?

I was not able to reproduce until I entered in on particular issue.  I got a different message - Exception: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of null (reading 'isFile').

We had user clear cache and logout and log back into JIRA and she consistently sees the error.  She does not see the error if she opens the issue and enters comments with the issue open.

Any help would be much appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 30, 2024

Hi @Kelli Archer 

Is this problem happening only on specific user or issue? Have you or user tried access the same board on a different browser or environment? 

Would be nice to check plugins (add-ons) if any specific is not causing this. Running Jira in Safe mode could also help troubleshoot. 

Kelli Archer April 2, 2024

Thanks for the response, Mirek.  The error is happening with any issue within the same project for one user, and sporadic for other team members.  The user gets the error message using the Edge and Chrome browsers.  The Xray plug-in has been added to this project.  So far, we are only seeing the error on this project and we do have many other projects with the Xray plug-in.  

Would a screen shot of the entire error be helpful?  I did not see a way to attach a screen shot.  I will try to run in safe mode and if the error does not occur, what does that tell us?  I have not done any troubleshooting in safe mode.  Does that tell us it is a browser issue and not a JIRA issue?  Thanks

Suggest an answer