Look up issues Smart value time tracking

Victoria Kramarenko August 31, 2022

Hi Admins,

I using look up issue smart value in an automation which makes team daily report on the performed tasks. I use
{{#lookupIssues}} _<{{url}}|{{key}} {{summary}}>_ {{status.name.concat("\n")}}{{/}}
and get alert:

(for example)
GPDN-1 Common lib utils for plugins: converters, etc. In Progress
GPDN-2 Support to clients with message Done

Now i would like to display information about the time spent on these tasks. Can you help me with it?

1 answer

2 votes
Manon Soubies-Camy _Modus Create_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 31, 2022

Hi @Victoria Kramarenko and welcome to Community!

You can use several different smart values:

• {{issue.timetracking.timespent}} to get time spent in a pretty format such as 1d 4h
  • {{issue.timetracking.timespentseconds}} to get time spent in seconds such as 43200
  • {{#=}}{{issue.timetracking.timespentseconds}}/60/60{{/}} to get time spent in hours such as 12

Hope this helps,

- Manon

Victoria Kramarenko September 2, 2022

Hi Manon!
It should be continued of string {{#lookupIssues}} _<{{url}}|{{key}} {{summary}}>_ {{status.name.concat("\n")}}{{/}}, right?
Sory, but i 
can't figure it out by myself.

I use lookup issues function

worklogAuthor = *account id* AND worklogDate >= -1day

and then create variable

{{#lookupIssues}} _<{{url}}|{{key}} {{summary}}>_ {{status.name.concat("\n")}}{{/}}

fo sending a message with variable value in Slack.

I tried replace variable with

{{#lookupIssues}} _<{{url}}|{{key}} {{summary}}>_ {{status.name.concat("\n")}}{{/}} {{#=}}{{issue.timetracking.timespentseconds}}/60/60{{/}}

and it didn't work

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 2, 2022

Can you try this one?

{{#lookupIssues}} _<{{url}}|{{key}} {{summary}}>_ {{status.name.concat("\n")}} {{#=}}{{timetracking.timespentseconds}}/60/60{{/}}{{/}}
Like Victoria Kramarenko likes this
Victoria Kramarenko September 5, 2022

Thank you!
It works for all time spent, but should only display the task time for today

Community Leader
Community Leader
September 5, 2022

I don't think you can get time spent today out-of-the-box, you would need an app like Tempo Timesheets to get that value. Are you using Tempo?

Rafael Castillo December 7, 2022

@Manon Soubies-Camy _Modus Create_ Hi I saw this answer and I thought maybe you could help me:

I am trying to create an automation using advance compare conditions.

I am in an If statement and currently my first value is:

{{issue.timetracking.timeSpentSeconds}}

Condition is: less than

Second value: 1801

So essentially want is if the developer logs a time track of 30 minutes or less then something should happen, that something is changing another issue filed called "actual user story" which should be changed to 1.

The if tree checks for multiple of these conditions to assigned different story points based on a time estimate.

For some reason this is not working for me, when I add time to my track time nothing happens. Help please.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events