Log work / Task Progress

Galip YUKSEL January 28, 2021

Hello, 

I have 2 questions that I would like you to answer.

1Adsız.png- Can we get Task Progress there as in the picture? How is the location changed on this screen?

2- We are using Big Picture. We want to examine Time Tracking and Task Progress separately. Users sometimes forget to enter time for tracking or progress. Can we depend on one for the other for this? Is it possible to make one dependent on the other? When she/he enters one of them, he must enter the other.

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 3, 2021

Hello @Galip YUKSEL 

At the moment, there is no possibility of creating dependence between Time Tracking and Task Progress in the BigPicture plugin.

However, we do understand described business needs. We are continuously working on BP improvement, and I am deeply interested in your feedback. Could you please give us more details regarding the functionality and expected outcome. Then this feature request will be studied by our analysis Team. Thank you!

• Number Field — this field stores task progress as numeric value starting from 0 (no progress) to 100 (task completed). Use it when your team does not use Time tracking and you can assess the progress with your expertise.
  • Time tracking progress (Original) — use this option when you rely on Original and Remaining estimate of Time tracking. As Spent time is not included in the progress calculation it is recommended to use it when your estimates are known and precise.
  • Time tracking progress (Spent) — use this option when you rely on the Remaining estimate and Spent time Time tracking to calculate the Progress. It is recommended when you are not able to estimate the required effort and tasks take longer than initially estimated.

image (65).png

Best,
Anna of SoftwarePlant

Galip YUKSEL February 3, 2021

Hello,

Firstly, thank you for return and solution ways.

We need run together time tracking and task progress .

We are working on many type jobs, we are following ol tasks on JIRA,

For this reason, it doesn't always happen the same values time tracking and progress.

Example;

I created an issue, due date is 5 days later, original estimate is 20h.

I worked on this issue 10h today and I have 10% progress (I may not have been very successful on this job.) 

In this way, I spent my time 50%

But progress is 10% 

I want to see this window.

Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 5, 2021

Hello @Galip YUKSEL

Thank you for the feedback. Please be informed that our team has decided to include the feature for future works on BigPicture.

Now we will gather customer feedback to get the overall idea of what the demand for such compatibility is. This is the current status of this feature request.

You can observe the functionality development works in the ticket ONE-31648. Please note that it is best to open it in the incognito tab of your browser. I hope that the suggested solution will meet your expectations.

Galip YUKSEL February 7, 2021

Thank you for your interest. Can you send me a notification when you make this update?

Like Anna-BigPicture likes this
Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
February 8, 2021

You're welcome @Galip YUKSEL

If you want to get notifications, please raise a ticket via our Service Desk referring to 'ONE-31648' in the title. Once you are linked to the feature request you will receive updates about the status changes automatically.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2021

A

I think the location is always there. You could edit some of the css and other files in the jira server version, but I would not recommend it, since you have to do these changes again on each version update

B

Maybe you could make the fields mandatory (which can cause more problems, since it is also mandatory on issue creation).
Or use some addon an check if both values changed and if not send a mail to the task assignee.

Galip YUKSEL January 29, 2021

Thank you for your answers firstly.

I understand answer A thanks for it.

Answer B's first sentence is okay but ı didn't understand second one. Could you explain again please?

"Or use some addon an check if both values changed and if not send a mail to the task assignee"

Thank you.

Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2021

you can try addons like this one

https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/automation-template-library/rules#/labels/all/customLabelId/1453

check if both values were changed and if not send a mail to the task assignee

Suggest an answer