Loading Javascript in the old issue view (background script)

Deleted user January 12, 2021

Until the New issue view goes live for all users on March 31, 2021 we have 2 ways to invoke these scripts. In atlassian-connect.json we can insert issueview.html twice. Once in webSections (old way) and once in jiraBackgroundScripts (new way). The trouble is that on the old view only webSections works. On the new view the webSection renders an unwanted empty UI component that confuses users. Therefore we have to enable these scripts depending if the user has new view enabled, otherwise in the new view the scripts execute twice. Unfortunately there's not much info in the API docs about this endpoint: /rest/greenhopper/1.0/profile/labs-panel/issue-details-popup meaning I can’t figure out if the user uses the new or the old view. Because the scripts are part of iframes they cannot reach the global scope. Which means I can’t disable the double execution of them. And even so, I can’t prevent the unwanted GUI element from showing up since I can’t redefine the attlassian-connect.json on the fly. So, I'm left empty handed. The only way we can deal with this is to wait for the complete roll out of the new view and deal with unwanted view by dumping a message or simply ignoring it.

0 answers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events