List of sprints in the select field

Bartłomiej Banaczyk March 25, 2021

When creating and editing a task, the "Sprint" select is on the right side. I have a long list of sprints there, from many different projects. Some of these projects are closed and archived. How can I close all unfinished sprints to keep this list clean?

How do I find all the active sprints in Jira? There is a way for this?

2 answers

1 vote
Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2021

Hi @Bartłomiej Banaczyk 

Try with a filter

Create a filter using the following JQL and save it.  The query will get all issues that are in an open Sprint:

sprint in openSprints() ORDER BY Rank

so you will know all the sprints that you have open or active

Cheers

Thank you very much!
But in sprints on my list, I don't have any tasks. It didn't show up after this JQL query.

Like Vero Rivas likes this
Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2021

Try the next steps:

1.- Create a new board that uses the filter created earlier

2.- Open the board and go to the Backlog view to see a list of all the open Sprints and the issues in the Sprints.  You need to use the Backlog view 

Cheers

Like Bartłomiej Banaczyk likes this
Bartłomiej Banaczyk April 5, 2021

It's work! Thank You very much!

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 25, 2021

Hi @Bartłomiej Banaczyk 

You seem to be asking two questions:

1. How can I bulk-close open sprints?
  2. How can I only show sprints relevant to my project now in the sprint field edit?

I do not believe either of these are possible at this time with out-of-the-box Jira.  There are many suggestions to help with your question about limiting the list of sprints shown.  You may view/vote for the issues in this list:

https://jira.atlassian.com/issues/?jql=project%20IN%20(JRACLOUD%2C%20JSWCLOUD)%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20Unresolved%20AND%20summary%20~%20%22sprint%22%20AND%20summary%20~%20%22dropdown%22%20ORDER%20BY%20Key

Best regards,

Bill

Yes and no. A long time ago I created a sprint called TEST in a test project. I was learning how to use Jira then.

I deleted the test project. 60 days have passed long ago. It is not in the basket. Sprint, which I did then named TEST - still shows up on the select list.

For example, I would like to close or delete it. I don't know where to find him.

I voted on your problems found!

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 26, 2021

Ah, you have an orphaned sprint for a deleted project.  The steps @Vero Rivas described will help with that.  Here is another post with detailed steps on removing that type of orphaned sprint:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Re-How-can-I-delete-orphaned-sprints/qaq-p/265122/comment-id/6362#M6362

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events