List of all linked issues in a project

Georg Isenbuerger April 18, 2024

HI,

I am looking for a JQL that produces a list of all linked issues. So far I only found a way to get that per issue not for the entire project.

It could also be described as "show a list of all dependencies from other projects". 

3 answers

2 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 18, 2024

Hi Georg,

Try this query and see if it gives you want you want.

project = ABC AND issueLinkType is not empty

this produces all the issues that have linked issues... I need the linked issues 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 18, 2024

Just add that as a column in your query. 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 18, 2024

If the issues are linked, they will already show in the Plans. But you need to use the specific Issue Link that the Plans use. The default is Blocks.

unfortunately many customised "blockers" are used... I guess I need to ask for ScriptRunner...

if an issue in my project has a dependency from another issue in my project it is shown. I am looking for the dependencies from other projects.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 18, 2024

They should still show up when you run the query above - assuming you have access to see issues in those other projects. 

When you run the query and add the Linked Issues column to the query - do you see them? 

0 votes
YY哥
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 18, 2024

Hi @Georg Isenbuerger 

Welcome to our Community.

You may try:

issueLinkType = "is blocked by" 

Hope it helps & thanks,

YY哥

that gives me all the issues that have a linked issue but I need the linked issue itself

YY哥
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 18, 2024

Got it. As far as I know, we could add Linked issue field to the Issue Search list

image.png

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 18, 2024

Yes - just as @YY哥  shows you.  :-)

correct, but I need the issues to use in Plans for showing dependencies so I can plan my issues accordingly.

YY哥
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 18, 2024

Oh, the dependency management in Jira Plan requires us to import multiple projects into a Plan. If we've already built the blocked by links between those jira projects, I think you could see what you expect in the left sidebar of Dependencies. Please just try it.

ok, thanks, I will try that tomorrow

0 votes
Kalyan Sattaluri
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2024

Hello @Georg Isenbuerger 

For such functionality you need third party add-ons like scriptrunner or others. Do you know if you have it?

ok, I was afraid of that...

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events