List of Available Column Names

Shannon Middleton March 28, 2018

I am trying to find a way to display the 400+ column names available to us. Please let me know how I would access this. 

Right now, if I click on the "Columns" button, a dropdown menu appears. It only displays the columns I am using and a few more that are in alphabetical order. At the bottom of this menu, a message essentially reads "There are 395 options available. Start typing to see what comes up."

I was hoping there was a more efficient way to view the column names available. Let me know if there is / isn't, and thanks.

2 answers

0 votes
Roger Crice January 27, 2023

In an Issues list, select Export, then select an option that includes (All Fields).  I usually choose CSV.  Open the resulting file, and view the list available columns from the first row of labels.  

0 votes
Brittany Wispell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 28, 2018

Hey @Shannon Middleton 

Looks like there is a bug request for Atlassian to show more than just a set of custom fields in the columns. JRASERVER-59412 

Your best option right now is to start by typing out what you are looking for. I'd focus on the fields that are within your particular project as those will the columns that will have data in them. 

You could end up adding a column that does not relate to your specific project and it will have no data in it, thus it's useless. 

I would suggest maybe requesting that your Jira admin creates a page (if you have confluence) or reference somewhere of what custom fields are available in the Jira system and what type of field they are. 

I had this for my company and it worked really well when it came to requesting custom fields, or adding a custom field to a screen. 

Hope this helps! 

Vinay Verma April 30, 2019

Hi,  

Unfortunately above solution does not help me on the exact same problem. 

If someone can help me with list of available columns, as its required to provide IT service management training and utilization of these columns through creation of filter is highly applicable.  

Please let me know.  

Like # people like this
Michael Berry April 22, 2020

also looking for this information (list of columns)

MD May 17, 2022

Looking into the HTML-source is the only way I found until now: with right-click "inspect" or similar in your browser, you have to open the elements needed and search there. It is described in "Workaround 3" in the linked issue (steps 1 to 8).

You can copy the content of the selection and modify this info in an editor. Then save the resulting list for further use.

Suggest an answer