Linked Issues Status Condition (JMWE app) Condition

Martin Wasiak August 4, 2022

I'm trying to prevent an Epic from being resolved while unresolved Child issues remain.   To do that, under the "Transition: Resolved," I'm adding a new Condition configured as follows:

Screen Shot 2022-08-04 at 12.09.18 PM.png

Sadly, this is not preventing the Epic from being resolved even though it contains unresolved stories.  I'm probably missing something simple, but I'm not seeing it.

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 4, 2022

Hi @Martin Wasiak ,

you need to select "is Epic of" as the link type, which means the current issue is Epic of the related issues whose status must be checked.

The wording implies that "All issues .... must be is Epic of"... That's not right.  

David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 4, 2022

Can you share a screenshot of the Condition after you configure it according to my suggestion?

Sure.  This is how the configuration is displayed when unresolved stories prevent the Epic from being resolved.

Screen Shot 2022-08-04 at 8.57.02 PM.png

David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 4, 2022

That seems correct. Isn't it working?

Martin Wasiak August 5, 2022

It's working.  

However, the grammar is still incorrect because the term "All issues" refers to the "child issues," so the sentence then reads:

"Child Issues" are linked through "is Epic of" and must be in the following statuses:...

This is exactly the opposite of the relationship that I'm expecting.

David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 5, 2022

I see your point, it should be phrased better. We'll need to look into this. 

Thanks for your feedback!

David

Like Martin Wasiak likes this
0 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 4, 2022

Helo @Martin Wasiak 

I believe you have selected the wrong link type. On this page from the vendor's documentation I found this use case:

Screen Shot 2022-08-04 at 12.33.20 PM.png

Suggest an answer