Link mentioned Confluence page to JIRA issue

Lars Böhnke July 15, 2021

I am looking for a way to link a mentioned Confluence page (either in the description or in a comment) to a JIRA issue automatically. But I wasn't really able to figure out a way so far. Is it even possible?

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 15, 2021

Hi @Lars Böhnke, If you refer to creating links automatically in a Jira issue based on hard-coded Confluence links placed in a Jira description or comment fields, you can't have that out of the box. Unless you've got no other option whatsoever, I wouldn't recommend spending time finding a way to make it happened, which you can undoubtedly do through scripting. I would invest energy in educating users to get the most out of the link feature. Using hard-coding links may break in the future if you update, move it, etc. I know it's not exactly the answer you're looking for, but I hope it helps to get you some insights on that.

1 vote
Yuval Gershfeld August 5, 2021

Hey @Lars Böhnke 

You can view your Confluence page in your Jira project when using an addon like C4J that extends the basic functionality and presents Confluence content directly in a Jira issue and seamlessly integrate Confluence into Jira. See: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1222263/c4j-content-display-for-jira?hosting=server&tab=overview

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 5, 2021

Hi @Yuval Gershfeld 

When recommending a marketplace vendor product, please ensure that you disclosure your affiliation to that vendor in your post wording. For more information about this, please see:

Atlassian Community online guidelines for Marketplace and Solution Partners

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/Atlassian-Community-online-guidelines-for-Marketplace-and/ba-p/689723

Best regards,
Bill

Like # people like this
Yuval Gershfeld August 6, 2021

Hey @Bill Sheboy 

Thank you for sharing this information!

I’ll make sure to mention my affiliation and follow the Atlassian community guidelines in my future posts.

Kind regards,

Yuval

Like # people like this
0 votes
Joy Chiu
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 15, 2021

Hi @Lars Böhnke , if you add Jira link on a Confluence page, it will link the two automatically

Lars Böhnke July 23, 2021

No, the other way around

Emil Nogalada Støvring January 25, 2022

@Lars Böhnke did you ever find a way of displaying the issues linked from Jira?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events