Limiting fields in JQL quesry result.

I am trying to limit the fields that are returned from a JQL query and when using a URL in a rest call.

What is the syntax of the expression do I need to add to the end of a query to limit the fields returned?

status = Accepted & fields = key , ID  is one of many attempts that have failed. 

Thanks,

1 answer

0 votes

Hi Tom,

You can use the fields paramater as explained in the JIRA Server platform REST API reference:

The fields param (which can be specified multiple times) gives a comma-separated list of fields to include in the response. This can be used to retrieve a subset of fields. A particular field can be excluded by prefixing it with a minus.

By default, all (*all) fields are returned in this get-issue resource. Note: the default is different when doing a jql search -- the default there is just navigable fields (*navigable).

*all - include all fields
*navigable - include just navigable fields
summary,comment - include just the summary and comments
-comment - include everything except comments (the default is *all for get-issue)
*all,-comment - include everything except comments

Hopefully that helps!

Cheers,

Branden

Branden,  Thanks for the quick response.  I looked through the document and could not find information on how to implement the fields parameter, though there are many references to it.

In my example stated below, I am trying to create a query that returns the Key and ID fields of all Issues with an Accepted I tried many variations on the statement below.

status = Accepted & fields = key , ID   

Please advise.

Thanks,  Tom DelGiudice

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Mar 28, 2018 in Jira Software

Can a company’s culture make or break agile adoption?

Can a new-to-agile team survive and thrive in a non-agile culture? If so, what advice would you give to those trying to be agile in a non-agile culture? What's the key(s) to success? Share your thoug...

17,657 views 18 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you