Limitations at using on parallel sprints

Rasha Farouk November 24, 2020

Hi every body,

Please what will be the limitations for using on parallel sprints ?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 24, 2020

Hi @Rasha Farouk -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

What limitations are you concerned about for parallel sprints?

Here is the documentation on that feature; please consider looking this over to see if this helps:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/use-parallel-sprints/

Best regards,

Bill

Hi @Bill Sheboy 

Thanks for your support and quick response. I read the link content but it speaks about  enabling parallel sprints and I did that.

I tried to create insolated boards(for multiple teams) in the same project. 
I already isolated stories. But till now all boards can be opened by at all teams.
I want BE team only see his board and FE team only see his board. Also I want Roadmap to be viewed by administrator only. Is that applicable? Also, when I create reports, I can't create report for each board separately.

So, I wanted to know if there is any other limitations?

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 24, 2020

Thank you for clarifying your questions.

Generally, if you want to limit access to Jira issues/boards you would create separate projects and adjust the membership. You could also used different issue types to limit access.  Your teams (backend and frontend) would collaborate for one product, so I am unclear what the issue is with them seeing each other's boards.  If you still need them separated consider separating the projects (for simplicity) or review this information about Jira permission options:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/how-do-jira-permissions-work/

After a quick search, I do not see a way to limit access to a basic roadmap; either it is enabled or not.

Regarding reporting, you can use the filters to limit what is shown.  You should be able to use board filters and quick filters to report by the teams.

One more thing to note for with Parallel Sprint features: when a sprint completes and there is remaining work, you are prompted what to do with the remaining items, such as move to backlog or an upcoming sprint.  With multiple sprints for different teams, take note where you place any remaining work items.

Like Rasha Farouk likes this

Thanks so much @Bill Sheboy  for your support.

I though we can make full isolation between different boards at the same project.

For now, I see no need to create separate boards. So, I will use only one.

Thanks again :)

Like Bill Sheboy likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events