Limit user picker custom field based on group selected earlier

Wim Abts May 14, 2021

Hi,

We have the following requirement:
For a resource planning project in Jira, we would have the user when making the request, optionally select a user group (group picker custom field).
When the user has selected a group, the user picker custom field should only show the members of the selected group.

We have Scriptrunner, I think this could be possible with Scriptrunner.

Anyone who has done something similar?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 14, 2021

Hi @Wim Abts ,

I've been looking for this myself for a while (but then in regards to Group and User assignment of an issue).

So far (even with scriptrunner) I haven't seen any way to do this.

How we've solved this (but that depends on whether you have it) we have used Insight for it as a CMDB.

We loaded up the groups and users in Insight and with an Insight Custom field you can limit the 2nd field based on the first field (through them having a hierarchy/linking in the object schema).

Scriptrunner could mabye be used to build a custom select list through behaviours but how efficient that will be is anyone's guess.

Wim Abts June 15, 2021

Ok thanks

0 votes
Sailaja Ponnala April 26, 2023

Hi team,

We have requirement like we have three user picker fields in insight inventory like group owner, contact 1 and contact 2. The problem is if user selecting one of the user name in group owner then she or he trying to select same person name in contact 1 or contact 2 it should not accept.how can i restrict these., .. please suggest me 

Suggest an answer