Limit User access to certain projects

Kimberly Kriegler April 26, 2023

We have user that we only want to have access to a couple of projects in our org.  I have created a group and tag that in the project then adjusted the profile but still they have access to all of our projects...any suggestions?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Himanshi
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 26, 2023

Hello @Kimberly Kriegler , 

Welcome to the community!

Jira cloud does have Project permission flexible to manage access on the Project level. 

If you are using Company managed project you can go to project setting > permission > add users to administrator permission/browse permission depending on your use case. 

Another beautiful thing is you can create a group in admin.atlassian.com and add groups instead of individual users or create a role add people in the role or group in the role then add the role to the project permission. 

Project permission gives control to refine the access privilege right from creating issues to accessing the project. That's amazing, isn't it?

In team managed you can manage this from Project settings> Access. 

For information about project permission and their privilege please feel free to visit: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/manage-project-permissions/

To know how global and project permission works please refer :https://support.atlassian.com/jira-work-management/docs/how-do-jira-permissions-work/

Hope it would help you create you permission scheme and manage permissions. 

Have a great day!

I do not want to have the person as administrator...I did create a group and added the member then added the group to the project.  In the user profile I limited their access to just the group and they have access to all still.  Our default is Jira user which allows access to all projects 

Like Kelly Arrey likes this
Himanshi
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 26, 2023

That's amazing @Kimberly Kriegler . 

Enjoy your day !

@himanshi I will try what is posted not sure if I understand how this work yet...

Kelly Arrey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 27, 2023

<sorry, I need a rethink...>

0 votes
Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2023

Hi @Kimberly Kriegler 

Are they company-managed or team-managed projects? Because they work in different way.

If they are company-managed, you need to remove "Any logged-in user" from Browse Project permission (from projects settings) and grant them depending on your requirements. 

What are team-managed and company-managed projects?

It is company managed.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events